Saturday, May 26, 2007

Whitefish, Montana

We've arrived, safe, sound and ready to get settled. We had a fairly uneventful drive from Lake Oswego to Whitefish. We left around 6a and arrived at 8p (7p pdt). This of course included three long stops. Overall the drive took about 9 1/2 hours, and it was a beautiful drive (I highly recommend it for anyone who's interested). The pink house is looking good, all the bare shrubbery around the house has filled in and the lawn looks great. We met the moving truck this morning and everything was unloaded in about three hours. So far everything looks to be in good shape - we'll begin the unpacking process tomorrow. I find myself feeling a bit postpartum - where I'll start tearing up for no good reason except I miss my family, friends and everything familiar while at the same time I love our new home, location and am excited for what the future holds. I hope to post pictures soon of the boys in their new surroundings. Much love to all those we’ve left in Oregon (and Washington) we miss you dearly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys arrived safe and uneventfully. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about life in the city!

Portland misses you too.

R.

simplydesign said...

We will miss you guys but are excited to hear all the new discoveries you will be making! Glad the trip was safe for all. Much love to you all and I think it's great to cry about it all...what a change!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it all safe and sound!.......and your 9 hours doesn't sound too bad(especially considering you had two young'uns)...I feel a road trip may be in the offing...... : )

We miss you!

Love,

Uncle Neill