It's been a busy couple of weeks! The last weekend in January the Hunts came to visit (Sara and Jason). It was so nice to have them here. We enjoyed showing off our new hometown, Doug got them up to the mountain a couple of times (pictured) and we even made sure they had time to enjoy Whitefish's nightlife. The boys loved having their aunt and uncle here to play with.
The first weekend in February I made a very quick trip back to Oregon. Doug's been working a lot and with number three due in April I decided this was my only chance to get out of town (without children) and take a much needed break. Of course I got in some shopping and came home with quite a few amazing deals. I saw a few friends which was so nice, and was able to celebrate my Papa's 91st birthday with him and the rest of the McAuliffes. Doug was at home with the boys, but still managed to get in two amazing ski days, there was lots of powder! Also, the Winter Carnival was going on in Whitefish (a yearly, big time event, which we're still learning about) and Doug took the boys to the parade. Turns out it was pretty cold and snowing, but fun just the same. The boys especially enjoyed seeing the fire engine and told me all about it when I got home.
Now we're sort of back into our regular routine. The boys finish up swim lessons this week. Will is in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jack's scheduled to start (at Will's school) just before his third birthday, but he'll be in the Monday/Wednesday class. He's really looking forward to it and I love the school so I cannot wait for him to start. Doug has been working crazy hours trying to meet a big project deadline this coming Tuesday. So, we're looking forward to his return. Also, we've started the less than ten week countdown until the arrival of the "baby sister" as we refer to her around here. Doug and I have decided on a name, but in true Team Peppmeier fashion we're not sharing with anyone (including the boys - though if you ask Jack he wants to name his sister Tiger Woods). We have tons of house projects we are considering and baby prep we need to attend to, but overall we're not feeling too overwelmed and are very excited about the arrival of our daughter.
**It's been snowing a ton here, check out the picture of the boys in the back yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment