Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Sweater - for Me!

Look what I knitted...a sweater for me. This is the first adult sized sweater I've completed (I have another one that's in pieces and needs to be finished). I'm so happy with how it turned out. It's really warm and is perfect for wearing around the house. For those of you who know knitting terms I used a 10 inch needle and about 13 balls of yarn. The majority of the sweater is in a moss or seed stitch (knit one, purl one) and has ribbing around the arms and edges. It doesn't have any buttons so it's just open in the front. It took two+ weeks to finish and I'm really happy with the end result.

5 comments:

Dahlberg said...

That is adorable!!!! Nice work. I could see you putting a cute wide belt over the top of it! Trey chic!!!

Ellie Peterson said...

I am impressed. You are inspiring me!

Eleanore said...

Kelly, this looks awesome! Such great work. And the color is perfect for you! Can I borrow the pattern?

Tammy Williams said...

Great job. I just finished a skirt for Maya and now I am working on a few more hats and my first sweater vest for my Etsy site. Perhaps I will have the patience to do a sweater for myself one day:)

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

So, so cute!! No button necessary. Excellent job, can I put in an order? ;-)