I just got back yesterday from a house hunting trip in Whitefish. I’m happy to say I found an amazing home that I’m so excited about and cannot wait to move into. I saw it Wednesday afternoon, we wrote up a contract, emailed it to Doug to sign in Portland, he faxed it back to us, we sent it to the listing agent and it was accepted, all within three hours. How’s that for efficient? Some details: it was built around 1930, possibly earlier and apparently has some Whitefish history attached to it (we’re hoping the owners will supply the details). There are many original details throughout the house. Lots of built-ins, beautiful wood floors, period light fixtures, and original moldings. The huge basement is finished with two bedrooms, a den, bath, large laundry room, workshop and another narrow space that would easily be converted into a wine cellar! The main floor has a living room, formal dining room, den with french doors, a small bath and master suite. The entire house is just less than 3000 square feet. We’ll be making some updates and cosmetic changes, of course painting the exterior, but over all it’s an amazing house. The home is located in a smaller neighborhood just outside of the downtown area. We have a view of Whitefish River from the master desk and there’s a creek that runs behind our house. The lot is close to 1/3 of an acre, there’s plenty of space for the boys to play and for us to entertain outside. We’re hoping to build a two story garage with guest space shortly after we move. Overall, I’m thrilled with the purchase and don’t think I could have thought up a better house for us if I had tried. We look forward to having visitors so we can show off our great find!
1 comment:
Wow! Congratulations you guys...bet you're really excited now! What a great b-day gift for you Kelly!
Post a Comment