Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Break Officially Starts Today

Will's last day of school was yesterday, which means all the kids are officially at home. Today we went to Kalispell and spent a couple of hours at Woodland Park. It is so beautiful there and the kids really enjoyed it. Not to get all sentimental, but I had a moment where the boys were playing nicely on the play structure, Annemarie was content in her stroller and I was able to just sit on the park bench drinking my coffee. It was so nice. I've always had a habit of thinking about the future and I forget to really enjoy the present. So for a few brief moments I truly enjoyed present.

1 comment:

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

Excellent moment--thanks for sharing. I completely agree about trying to enjoy the present, but also understand about the difficulty in doing so. Glad you had a great start to the summertime!