Saturday, September 03, 2005

THE Yellow Hat


It's a funny thing when your child starts to prefer or request certain clothing items. In Will's case he absolutely insists on wearing his "hat". Of course that would be the bright yellow one with a blue marlin on it, that I purchased at the GAP outlet forever ago thinking it was cute and maybe he's wear it when we were out in the sun. The best part about the whole hat deal is that Will has to put it on just right - and that would be backwards and sometimes a bit crooked. What I find so amusing is that Doug doesn't wear his hat this way, we've never put it on him this way, yet this is the way he wants it. The hardest part about it for me is that I think it makes him look so much older and at times I feel like I'm looking into the future at a teenager who could care less what I think about his clothing decisions.

No comments: