Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Day in the Life...

I usually try and post new pictures of the kids and keep things light, but I also rely on this outlet to record what is going on in our lives. Right now I cannot keep my days straight, I have to use the computer just to confirm the date and keep the boys' busy schedules straight. So I thought I take this opportunity to pour out what we've been up to the last few weeks. According to my trusty Outlook calendar it has been six days since Corey left and it will be another nine days until Chris (Doug's mom) comes to visit.

So here are our highlights - Will cut a classmate's hair at school. Of course he was using scissors during craft time and apparently wasn't being closely monitored when the incident occurred. I of course was mortified at the time (I'm over it now) and was dreading running into the girl's mother. It turns out the mother is a hair stylist and thankfully the damage wasn't too noticeable. Next, Jack recently covered the bathroom with shaving cream. Actually it was soap that looks like shaving cream, part of a faux shaving kit. When we told Doug what he had done, the first thing he asked was, "did you take a picture?" Unfortunately at the time I was not amused so there are no pictures to share. I cannot wait for the day when all my children go to the bathroom and using the toilet is all they do while they're in there. Jack also filled the toilet with an entire roll of paper today.

What else? Will's room has almost been stripped of all decorations. There are few pictures on the walls and the "treasures" have been removed from his shelf. At this rate, soon he'll only have a mattress on the floor. He really likes to pull things down or throw toys or balls at the walls. So until we get that under control there's not much left in his room he can damage. Also, the boys have been taking swim lessons and the other day Will pulled Jack off of the wall he was holding onto, into water that was too deep for Jack and scared him to death. I wasn't there, but thankfully another parent was in the pool and came to Jack's rescue. Jack has also completely regressed when it comes to being potty trained. I've heard this is very common when a new baby comes into the home, but it's driving me nuts. Lately he doesn't completely wet himself, his underwear is just damp and he tries to say he's dry and get away with it.

Annemarie, my little angel is growing like mad, which also means her schedule is all over the place. Some days she wants to sleep for hours other days she wants to eat constantly. I'm sure Doug would like me to mention how often she toots (quite frequently) and that they are pretty loud for such a small girl.

Lately I find myself looking forward to the future but also wanting to hang onto the present. Will is at the stage where he's constantly asking questions (most which I cannot answer, Doug says I get a deer in the headlight look). Also if he's learned something new he'll repeat it to you almost verbatim. He also really wants to please and help. Jack is giving out hugs and kisses like there is no tomorrow. There's nothing like a three year old telling you he loves you to lift your (my) spirits. Both boys are in love with Annemarie. They're always kissing her, talking to her and singing to her. Annemarie (usually) smells amazing and is cuddly and sweet. At times when I'm holding her and she's asleep I really cannot believe there's anything thing better than experiencing that moment. As challenging and crazy as my life is now I cannot help but be extremely grateful for the three tremendously healthy, brilliant and beautiful children in my life.

*As I finish this posting Annemarie, who's asleep next to me just let out a loud toot.

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Great insight into your lives up there. AnneMarie may be a beautiful angel now but she will grow-up too;) Our little Maya (now almost 20 months old) gets into everything. She only has 2 dolls and her mattress in her room right now or else she won't go to sleep. We keep all other doors closed (including the bathroom) because we know she will get into EVERYTHING. She's already at the TERRIBLE TWOS stage - so I know how you feel. This too shall pass though, I hope!

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs your way! I've got to admit I was laughing at their antics which, I'm sure you will do also, a few years from now :)

You are such a great mom those three little ones are lucky to have you!