Thursday, May 01, 2008

What About Gus?

Annemarie giving Gus some love
Tutu with her hands full
More pictues...this time with Gus. For those of you who know, Will is not a big fan of Gus. He doesn't mind him, he just isn't interested in petting him or playing with him. Unfortunately Jack kind of follows Will's lead and also isn't very interested. I always hoped they'd be big fans, want to play with him all the time and even let Gus sleep on their beds. This just isn't the way it is. However, this evening while I was sitting with Annemarie, I noticed she had her hand on Gus - so maybe there's hope for him yet. Maybe when she's big she'll let him sleep on her bed.
Annemarie will be three weeks this Friday. On Monday we had her 2 week check up. She's doing great. She's gained just over 8 ounces since she was born (now weighing 7 lbs 1 oz) and because she was small to begin with she's currently in the 25% for weight. Next she's grown an inch (now 20 inches) which puts her in the 50% for height. She's becoming more alert which is lots of fun.
Mom has been with us for almost two weeks. Feeding us and taking great care of all of us, but especially the boys. I'm going to have a bit of a reality check when all the guests (and their help) go home and I attempt to manage on my own. Thankfully I'm getting lots of rest and some down time now which I hope will help me get ready to tackle taking care of three children 4 and under on my own. I know I can do it - I just want to do a REALLY good job.

1 comment:

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

I should bring Justin up to visit Gus! He LOVES little dogs. When he sees them, he just giggles and squeals. Gus would probably get to the point where he'd want to get away from Justin's attentions!