Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Jack!

Jack & Will with ALL the gifts

"Yay! Spider-Man hat!"

Opening the bulldozer Opah sent

Will jumped on the table he was so excited about the pirate ship

Playing with the gifts

Re-lighting the candles

Our birthday boy!
Jack is three! We had such a great day celebrating his birthday. Jack is such a brilliant and fun boy. He has become quite stubborn and sassy. He loves picking out his clothes in the morning and getting dressed, all by himself. He even lays all his clothes out before putting them on, which I find entertaining, I just have to remember to give us enough time for this new ritual. Jack is 37 inches tall and 34 pounds (Will is 40 inches and 36 pounds). Jack is enjoying school twice a week and loves going to swim lessons. He loves playing outside and jumping on his indoor trampoline. He plays very well on his own (usually with trains or Legos) and is pretty good at sharing and playing with Will. He even puts his toys away, which I really appreciate.
Today started when I awoke to two little voices via our monitor. It was Will and Jack having a very nice conversation. (Doug plays basketball on Friday mornings so I usually need to get up with the boys.) Then I heard Will say "let's open another birthday present." That of course caused me to literally leap out of bed as soon as I heard them running up the stairs. Of course I had to intervene. I gathered the gift they had already opened and re-wrapped it. Next we had breakfast and then headed out of the house for some preschool screening/assessment fun at the local middle school. As I've always assumed both children are right where they should be, and they are. In some areas they even excel. Both enjoyed all the questions and tasks. At one point a lady asked Jack how old he was and he said, "Three, today. It's my birthday!" Then he added, "I got a Spider-Man hat! But Mom took it away." I then had to explain myself and that we were waiting until later in the day to open the gifts. Next the boys went to the Wave to play and I went to my 38 week appointment (things are moving along, the baby sister may arrive a little early!). Then I picked up the boys and we headed to Kalispell to meet Doug for a quick trip to Costco. (Apparently I'm still nesting, we picked some more shelving for our laundry room.) After Costco we headed home for lunch and then back to the Wave for swimming. Both boys are taking lessons and love to get their faces wet and dive (from within the pool) into the water. It's so fun to watch how much they've learned and watch them progress. After a long swim we headed home for much needed naps.
Jack's birthday celebration began with dinner of his choice (hot dogs and fruit salad) then opening gifts. At one point Will actually jumped on the table he was so excited about a pirate ship Jack received. It was so funny I wish we taped it. Doug and I could not stop laughing. Next we had a video call from Tutu and Aunt Erin and then of course cupcakes for dessert. We had such a fabulous and fun day. Happy Birthday Jack!

No comments: