Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our Latest Addition...

Annemarie with her eyes open
We had a great delivery and hospital stay. I'm still amazed how quickly those first couple of days go and surprised at what it feels like to leave the hospital with such precious cargo. For those of you who haven't heard details, here are a few...
I started having consistant contractions on Tuesday and went into the hospital to be checked. With Jack I wasn't even aware that I was in labor (I made it to six centimeters without feeling my contractions) so for some reason I was worried I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time. Of course the hospital is less than two minutes away so this was kind of ridiculous. Anyhow, we arrived at the hospital and I was in early labor. We were given the option to go home and come back (the nurse and my doctor were sure I'd be back that night) so we headed home since Erin was arriving from Oregon that night. We figured we'd watch some TV, eat dinner, Doug would pick up Erin and then we could go back to the hospital. Unfortunately after dinner all contractions completely stopped. I was so disappointed!
Thankfully everything started up again on Thursday. We arrived at the hospital around 9p, checked in and waited for the action to begin. What a quiet and boring night - I did not progress far and by morning my doctor started me on petocin, since she had broken my water the night before. That got things going again. I decided to have an epidural just like I'd had with the boys. I was nice and comfortable for about an hour or two and then ended up pushing for about 15 minutes. We were blessed with the arrival of a healthy and perfect baby girl.
Annemarie was born Friday afternoon and we were released from the hospital Sunday afternoon. Below are a few pictures from our hospital stay or as I like to refer to it - my vacation...
The first bath was not a hit. This child detests being changed and likes to let you know just how upset she is. Though she's quiet most of the time she does have a set of pipes.

Right after the bath, under the heat lamp she was able to get cozy and comfortable.

Annemarie is a great eater and my milk has already started to come in. Here she is sucking on her fingers after finishing her last meal.

A look and sound I'm already really familiar with. She's loud!

Looking so small in her carseat. All set and ready for the ride home from the hospital.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, she is so beautiful...and so tiny! Thank you for posting so many pictures, we can't wait to meet her. Congratulations to you all!

The Bertelsen Bunch said...

Doug & Kelly, Congratulations! She is beautiful!! Enjoy every precious moment with her! We are looking forward to seeing more pictures! Love, Kennet, Betsy & Elsa

Barb said...

Kelly and Doug,

She is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations to all of you! I can hardly wait to see her also!

Love,
Barb Knudsen

Dahlberg said...

Congrats! We are so excited for all of you. Can't wait for Keaton to get here and then for him to meet his little friend Annmarie!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm so anxious to see her in person. Sent a little something off in the mail last night to celebrate her arrival.....

Love,

Uncle Neill

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

Oh my goodness! She is beautiful. Truly. We're so happy there's another girl on the "team"!!