Friday, April 18, 2008

What a Week

One week old Annemarie
We made it through our first week. And what a week it has been. Aside from bringing Annemarie home I also turned 31 this week. Birthdays have always been a time of reflection for me, even more so than the New Year. We've been in Montana almost a year (mid May was when we moved). We've completed tons of house projects and have really started to become familiar with the community and surrounding areas. Doug is enjoying his job and more important really enjoying everything the area has to offer (skiing, golf, etc.). I actually know many moms and run into people I know daily. The boys are well know too, especially at the Wave and have made lots of friends at school. On top of all this we have added to our family - all in under a year!
The other day I stopped at the gas station to get a drink and as I was walking into the store and an older gentleman asked me if I was expecting my first child (which I always appreciate). I told him no, this was my third. I was expecting him to make the usual comment about how busy I'm going to be, but instead he said the nicest thing and I repeat it to myself often, he said, "That's great. You must have a really nice family." What a great thing to say - and yes, I do have a really nice family. We have been very blessed and have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: